Youth Tractor & Machinery Safety Certification
Thank you for your interest in the Extension Youth Tractor Safety Program. We are opening up registration for the 2020 program hosted by Racine, Kenosha, and Walworth County Extension. Link to online registration form can be found below. Please read through the following information prior to registering!
This program will be a combination of online classroom instruction, in-person driving practice, and an in-person written and driving exam. This course is open to:
- Youth ages 12 – 15 who will be operating tractors or self-propelled implements of husbandry on Wisconsin public roads under direction of their parent or guardian for work-related to their family farm operation. Youth in this age bracket who successfully complete the course will receive a Wisconsin certificate of training for operating on public roads.
- Youth ages 14-15 who will be working on a farm other than their family farm. Youth in this age bracket who successfully complete the course will receive a federal certificate of training to provide to their employer.
- Click on this link for more information on the course and certificates provided.
Schedule for the 2020 Kenosha/Walworth/Racine Youth Tractor Safety Course:
- 8 hours of online classroom instruction: Tuesdays and Thursdays in June from 9 AM – 10 AM (June 2, 4, 9, 11, 15, 18, 23 & 25)
- Homework and activities will be assigned to be completed outside of online instruction.
- Small group in-person driving instruction and testing at Burlington High School (6 hours total): Tentatively over a two day span July 8 – 10 or July 23 – 24. Final schedule to be determined based on school reopening and driving instructor availability.
The class is $25/participant, which covers costs for program materials. Payment due when we meet in person for the driving session.
Thanks for your patience while we figure out how to make this program a success. Please be in touch if you have any questions!
Jim Versweyveld, Agriculture Educator – Walworth County, 262-741-4962, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leigh Presley, Agriculture Educator – Racine & Kenosha Counties, 262-857-1948, email@example.com