Explore new places or visit old favorites as part of the 4-H Road Trip Family Challenge!
Follow the directions below to earn one entry into the “Walworth County 4-H Family Challenge Prize Drawing” each time you visit a new “destination.” You will also be entered into the “IL-WI Grand Prize Road Trip Drawing.” First county drawing: December 15; second county drawing: March 15. Last date to enter: March 5. IL-WI Grand Prize Drawing: March 15.
How to Complete This Challenge:
- Choose any one of the specific destinations listed to visit, and download the appropriate scavenger hunt handout to take with you.
- Visit the destination, and take a family selfie at the designated spot. Post it on social media with the hashtags #WalCo4HFamilyChallenge and #4HRoadTripChallenge. If you don’t use social media, email your selfie to email@example.com noting the names and club of all the 4-H members in your household.
- Complete the Scavenger Hunt and upload your answers to the appropriate link.
Be aware that the scavenger hunt questions for each destination are meant to be answered by families. Adult supervision during visits is needed to ensure safety at each of the destinations. Nearby points of interest are provided as a courtesy for families unfamiliar with the locations. No endorsement of attractions/restaurants is intended, and the list of options at any location is not nearly complete.
Destinations to Choose From:
- Ellwood House Museum
- Hidden Alley Cats Murals
- Lowden State Park
- Rochelle Railroad Park
- Pearl Island Recreational Corridor
- Kishwauketoe Nature Conservancy
Williams Bay, WI
- White River County Park
Lake Geneva, WI
- Belvidere Park
- City Of Murals
- Dekalb County History Center
- Beckman Mill Park
- Nick Engelbert’s Grandview
- Gravity Hill
- Yellowstone Lake State Park
- Carver-Roehl Park
- Price Park Conservancy
More destinations in other Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Counties are coming soon! We are proud to be partnering with several other colleagues in offering this challenge opportunity.