If you or your employees purchase, mix, or apply “Restricted Use” pesticides on a property you own or operate in Wisconsin, you MUST be certified to do so. Certification is valid for 5 years.
Due to COVID-19, the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) is suspending pesticide applicator in-person certification testing until further notice. As a result, DATCP is extending current pesticide applicator certifications until December 31, 2021. Private and commercial pesticide applicators with certifications that expire January 31, 2020-November 30, 2021, can continue to operate as a certified pesticide applicator until December 31, 2021.
- Pesticide Certification and licensing information
- Find pesticide products registered for use in WI
- Locate WI licensed dealers and licensed application businesses
- Find WI certified applicators (by name, by county, by category)
2020 Pest Management In WI Field Crops
- Information on manuals, training, and the different categories.
- Commercial applicators may order training manuals, videos, register for sessions
- Private applicators may order the Fruit Crops and Greenhouse & Nursery manuals, and the subcategory manuals (General Farming manual only from Extension office)
- WPS Information
- How-to-Comply manual (pdf)