Sheep Meetings & Events
March 19 7PM Pinn Oak Ridge Farm, N 5784 Johnson Road, Delavan, WI 53115 – Topic: Meat Quality
June 18 7PM Walworth County Fair Grounds, Sheep Barn – Topic: TBA
Show Prep Reminders
Remember that breeding sheep and other sexually intact sheep must have a scrapies tag in order to exhibit at the Walworth County Fair. This includes market ewes and rams, regardless of age. Wethers intended for slaughter, which are less than 18 months old, do NOT need scrapies tags, even if the animals were acquired across state lines. Scrapies tagging is a family farm responsibility.
Lose an RFID Tag?
If any of your market lambs lose their RFID tag between now and the start of fair, it is your responsibility to contact Tim Ehlen at 608-676-2569 to have the animal retagged. Please look for and be ready to turn in the old tag that is being replaced. Any animals that show up at the fair without a tag will be subject to mandatory DNA testing at the exhibitor’s expense (approximately $100).
Project Forms and Information
- 2019 Sheep Managerial Form – Fillable
- Sheep Project Summary Form
- Sheep – Market Animal Drug History
- Sheep Carcass Buyers Card
- Animal Destination Card – Beef – Sheep
- YQCA Certification
- One mandatory meeting
What counts as a Mandatory Meeting?
- YQCA training
- Any scheduled county sheep project meeting
- Attendance at the 2018 Sheep Carcass Evaluation counts for 2019
- Attendance at the 2019 Sheep Carcass Evaluation counts for 2020
- Nasco sheep demonstration in May
- UW-Madison Animal Science Page
- Sheep Quality Assurance
- American Sheep Industry Association
- Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Cooperative
Contact project leader Tim Ehlen at 608-676-2569.