BENHART SHOWPIGS SWINE GIVEAWAY
2 Barrows to be given away to two lucky youth. The deadline is Feb 28.
Upcoming Meetings 2020
- February 5, 2020—4-H 101, 6:30-7:30, County Govt Center
- March 10—Ear Tag & DNA Envelope Sales, 6:30-8 p.m. County Government Center
- March 10—YQCA Face to Face Training, 6-8 p.m. County Government Center (Must be pre-registered through your YQCA account in order to attend.)
- April 2—Ear Tag & DNA Envelope Sales, 6:30-8 p.m., County Government Center
- April 2—YQCA Face to Face Training, 6-8 p.m. County Government Center (Must be pre-registered through your YQCA account in order to attend)
- May 15—Paperwork & DNA Sample Submission, 3-6 p.m., Elkhorn High School Greenhouse
- May 16—DNA Sample Submission, 8 a.m. to Noon, Elkhorn High School Greenhouse
- June 2020—Swine Barn, Fair Entries & Showmanship
Fair Project Forms
Swine Project Information
- Learn About This Handout
- Swine Hair Sample Collection Instructions
- Walworth County Swine Tagging & DNA Guidelines 2020
- YQCA Certification
- One mandatory meeting
What counts as a Mandatory Meeting?
- Vet/Feed Clinic
- Lake Geneva Country Meats Clinic/Tour
- Attendance at the 2019 Swine Carcass Evaluation counts for 2020
- Attendance at the 2020 Swine Carcass Evaluation counts for 2021
- Showmanship/Fair Entry Clinic
- A Champion’s Guide for Youth Swine Exhibition – Intended for youth producers and exhibitors, this brochure helps youth understand the importance of biosecurity before, during and after exhibitions. It also talks about common swine diseases and reinforces the importance of consulting with a veterinarian to develop a biosecurity and health plan.
- UW-Madison Animal Science Page
- National Pork Producers’ Council
- Wisconsin Pork Producers’ Association
- National Pork Board
Contact project leader Jim Henriott at 262-903-9273.