Due to the current health crisis and ever-changing guidelines, additional meetings may be cancelled or postponed. Check back immediately preceding any event you plan to attend to confirm whether or not it is still happening. Reach out to your project leadership via email or phone as needed.
Upcoming Educational Project Meetings
All Swine project members planning to exhibit in the Walworth County Junior Swine Show are required to participate in at least one educational project-related meeting annually. Some upcoming options to accomplish this include the following:
March 20, 2021
Facebook Livestream–Breeds of Pigs–Getting Ready to Bring Your Pigs Home, 6 p.m. Access from the Walworth County Jr. Swine Project FB page. The session will be recorded for later viewing. Please complete the Educational Meeting Verification Form and submit it to Junior Swine Superintendent Jessica Clapper to receive meeting credit.
March 27-28, 2021
Swine Project Quiz Bowl on Kahoot! You’ll be able to log in and participate any time over the two days! Details TBA.
April 27, 2021
Zoom Meeting, 7 p.m. General Meeting/New Information. Connection info TBA.
Details TBA. Topic: Pig Health/Feeding
Details TBA. Topic: Raising Commercial Pigs Versus Show Pigs
July 19, 2021
7 p.m. via Zoom. General Meeting–Preparing for the Fair.
Members can also earn educational meeting credit by viewing this recording:
Feeding and Caring for Swine without Ractopamine
Gain perspective on how Ractopamine can be managed in your swine project; cleaning facilities; cleaning facilities, alternative feeding opportunities, knowledge of show policy. Program presented live on 2.11.21 @ 7 p.m. Speakers: Dr. Steve Moeller, Ohio State University and Dr. Joel DeRouchey, Kansas State University. Please complete the Educational Meeting Verification Form and submit it to Junior Swine Superintendent Jessica Clapper to receive meeting credit.
Swine Project Information
- Learn About This Handout
- Find the Junior Swine Project on Facebook and Instagram under “Walworth County Junior Swine Project.”
- YQCA Certification
- One mandatory meeting
What counts as a Mandatory Meeting?
- Vet/Feed Clinic
- Lake Geneva Country Meats Clinic/Tour
- Attendance at the 2020 Swine Carcass Evaluation counts for 2021
- Attendance at the 2021 Swine Carcass Evaluation counts for 2022
- Showmanship/Fair Entry Clinic
- 2021 Swine Tagging & DNA Collection Guidelines
- Swine Tagging & DNA Collection Registration Form
- Walworth County YQCA Guidelines for 2021
- Educational Verification Form-fillable-4-21-2020-SWINE
- A Champion’s Guide for Youth Swine Exhibition – Intended for youth producers and exhibitors, this brochure helps youth understand the importance of biosecurity before, during and after exhibitions. It also talks about common swine diseases and reinforces the importance of consulting with a veterinarian to develop a biosecurity and health plan.
- UW-Madison Animal Science Page
- National Pork Producers’ Council
- Wisconsin Pork Producers’ Association
- National Pork Board
Contact project leader Jessica Clapper 262-729-6183 firstname.lastname@example.org